This time around I remembered I had the reduction mask in my 1937 Welta Weltur camera. I also used a yellow(ish) filter I have that slides over the lens. I have never used it before, but I am glad I did as it made the plants a bit more differentiated. In theory, I get how filters work, but when I try to remember, it just disappears from my brain. One day it would be really nice to get that clearly imprinted in my memory!
Okay, that aside, I so enjoy making pictures with these old cameras. When they hit the sweet spot, there is something so beautiful in the final image. This one I cleaned up – threads, spots – but didn’t do too much more to it other than upping the contrast a bit. I wanted the white sage flowers to pop against the background. The filter helped, but so did digital post production.
I know some people who claim that digital post is not the same as a real dark room. No, it’s not, but it is a lot easier to do the same things – and then some! – you would do in a traditional dark room.
Anyway, more to come, but perhaps only a couple as a lot of the images are a bit dicey as far as putting out in the public’s eye. I scanned these with the Epson V600 scanner and the film is Ilford Super XP 400, which is a black and white that can be developed in C-41, which is the chemistry for color negative film.