Tag: positive film
I took my Nikon N90s, Nikon 28-85 f2.8 Macro, and a roll of the new Kodak Ektachrome E100 to the botanical garden – always a favorite place! Springtime is the best, too, as trees and bulbs and plants are all in bloom. This was taken as the last of the narcissus bloomed and were fading away. At the gardens, the narcissus are the first up and first to fade.
I am pleased with the new Ektachrome E100. Yes, it’s a positive film, needing E6 chemistry to process, and it costs more than B&W or color. However, positive film has so much going for it, and here is more than ample proof. Film, camera, and lens all came together quite nicely.
About 3 weeks ago I dropped off some slide film I finally finished up. The problem was I couldn’t advance my film or rewind it halfway through the roll. Off to the neighborhood repair shop, and voilà! Just a this and a that, and the film worked. I advanced a few and finished up the roll.
This is a view of my neighbor’s garden – he has one of the finest “southwestern” gardens I have seen because it is well kept and not full of weeds. At sunset, with soft light, a row of blooms – quite lovely.
I was hoping to get a lot of photography done this week since I am off from work, but instead I decided to break my wrist and finger on Easter Sunday, just to do something different.
Another image using Fuji Velvia 100 taken in March. Clouds are not “normal” in the dry areas where I live, so are very much appreciated by yours truly!
I have a small batch of ever-expanding freesias in my front yard. Every spring, there they are. Using Velvia 100 slide film, these are the results. Today, the flowers are gone, but their leaves remain behind, returning the nutrients to the bulbs for next year.
Yesterday, after waiting about 3 weeks for the local lab to return to me, I got my first roll of Fuji Velvia 100 film back. Velvia is a slide film and requires specific chemicals known as E-6 to be processed. I was asked if I wanted it cross-processed, but I said nay. The reason for slide film is . . . because it is slide film (though I do plan to try it with Agfa’s slide film).
I ended up scanning the images on my Epson V600 scanner, at 48 bit and 2400 dpi resolution. I don’t know if the scans or the film were dirty, but I had a lot of clean-up to do.
There are more pictures ahead, some panos as well, and so far, I like the colors, though they may be a bit off – dunno!
Technical specs: Nikon F100, Nikon 24-85mm f2.8-4 D, post in OnOne 10 and LR 6.