I decided to send the Welta Weltur our for a bit of a CLA. The rangefinder / viewer is a bit foggy and makes it difficult to focus easily. That is taken care of by using a smaller f-stop, thus increasing the DOF. I am not sure how this light leak occurred – perhaps when it was being developed.
Taken with Ilford XP Super 400, Welta Weltur from 1937, Xenar lens. Guestimated exposures. Scanned with Epson V600.
I finally got around to finishing off a roll of Ektar 100 using the Agfa Isolette ii rangefinder camera. Square composition is a bit difficult!
This is a test film of flowers on my patio – Ektar 100, Welta Weltur, Epson V600. This was taken to test the sharpness of the lens – and to just use the camera!
Welta Weltur, 6×4.5, Kodak Ektar 100 rendered to B&W in Nik Silver Efex. Scanned with Epson V600.
Out of the roll of Kodak Ektar 100 I used in the Welta Weltur, this one is my favorite. It has an old-fashioned look to it, which may be due to the fact it is is 1930s lens which is uncoated. I pushed the colors a bit to get the result I liked best. I scanned this with the Epson V600.
An Alice in Wonderland themed cafe in town. Sadly, it closed last week.
Welta Weltur, 6×4.5, Kodak Ektar 100, Epson V600.
Something salvaged from a home film processing disaster. Ilford HP5+, Holga 120 GCFN, Epson V600, along with LR6, On1 Photo 10, and PS 6. Probably a few other things, but I forget . . .
Hmmm. The images I get back from the photo lab are grungy. They arrive grungy. Using the Epson V600, I find crud everywhere.
With this picture, I moved it around on the scanner to decide if it was the neg or the scanner, and the neg won.
I cleaned the image with PEC-12, and the crud disappeared – a bit.
Then different settings in Epson Scan. Final settings which produced acceptable results were 2400 dpi, 48 bit color, digital ice, and medium unsharp mask. Final clean up in On1 Photo 10 and LR. Film was Kodak Ektar 100.